Before selling products through the Food Hub, all producers must meet the following eligibility requirements.
1. Download and print out the Food Hub Policy Manual. (Read entire manual, sign and return the last page with application package.)
2. Become fluent in and comply with current county, state and federal food safety requirements for product categories, as outlined.
3. Pay yearly membership fee of $40 (please make check payable to Cook Inletkeeper). Memberships are valid per calendar year (ie. 2016, 2017).
4. Provide the Food Hub with any permitting, insurance, or documentation required for certain products, as outlined in the Policy Manual.
5. Print, sign and return the W-9 Form
6. Two photos for your online profile, related to your business (ie. a photo of yourself and a photo of your farm would be appropriate) – email jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org
7, OPTIONAL: Copy of Business license, if you have one, and any certifications you might have
Send all documentation to:
Kenai Peninsula Food Hub c/o Cook Inletkeeper
3734 Ben Walters Lane
Homer, AK 99603
Final Step: Setting up your “Virtual Booth”
- After you complete the steps above, login to the Kenai Peninsula Food Hub Online Marketplace, create your password.
- Sign in and review all training manuals and videos, found under the big red question mark.
- Add products: follow instructions about how to revise/upload your product information into the market website.
- Note: If you have already created your account, it will be approved upon receiving your documentation.
We look forward to working with you. Don’t hesitate to contact us with questions.